Re: [oletrucks] Painting Questions

To: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Painting Questions
From: "W&D" <haist2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 11:49:45 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 20, 2001 7:24 PM
Subject: [oletrucks] Painting Questions

> What I need to know is the steps in repainting that doesn't include
removing all the (old) paint.

If the existing paint finish is in good condition it should be light sanded
to eliminate gloss and improve adhesion with #400 sandpaper.  Use a DA or by
hand.  Broken areas (chips, scratches) should be featheredged with #80 to
#220 then feathered by hand with block with #400.  I prefer #400 wet and do
it again with #600 or #800 wet for a nice job.  Go from here with primer or
primer surfacer as desired, block it and you're ready for color.

Deve, you're fortunate if you have 50 year old paint in good condition!

This two cents worth of information is paraphrased out of a $100 text book
on Collision Repair!

<><
Whitney Haist
Orinda, CA