RE: [oletrucks] Rear install kit for '50 3100

To: "'Survyvr1@webtv.net'" <Survyvr1@webtv.net>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Rear install kit for '50 3100
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 07:50:42 -0800
I installed a rear from a '73 chevy wagon in my '50 AD, (after cutting off
all of the bracketry), and it sits on the springs on some aftermarket spring
perches.  I was able to re-use the upper shock mounts, but here's the catch.
You need the u-bolts and lower brackets from the '73 wagon.  I was able to
mount the lower shock mount with some "L" brackets.  The original lower
shock stud is part of the original U bolt, and faces crosswise to the truck.
The Stud on the ''73 bracket faces lenghwise to the truck, and is part of
the lower bracket.  it works pretty good!  Did i confuse you enough?  You
can e-mail me for more details...
manuel.