Re: [oletrucks] Motor oil

To: "Durwood B. Darbin" <dhckdkcsk@hotmail.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Motor oil
From: "Michael Lubitz" <mlrba@texas.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 06:00:09 -0600
Durwood,

I know very little about oil additives.  But I wanted to reply because I
enjoyed your e-mail's style and humor.

My thoughts about additives:  If they are so good, why wouldn't the oil
companies purchase a patent or develop a similar product or buy a company
outright?  If they are so good, why do new car manufacturers not recommend
them?  I believe that synthetics are fine and have a history of working.

I believe in new ideas as much as the next guy, but I haven't read real
proofs of any of the products.  The testimonials from paid spokespersons
don't offer any proof to me.  So unless you are a conspiracy theorist and
think that these companies pose a threat to the oil or auto industry, why go
there?

Just my thoughts, be kind to your co-workers and don't tease or belittle
them too much, stay well and again thanks for the laugh.

Michael Lubitz
1946 Chevy 3/4 ton stock
1948 Chevrolet 3100, soon to be deluxe
Austin, Texas