RE: [oletrucks] Cafe

To: trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Cafe
From: "Willard, Andrew" <andrew.willard@experian.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 08:19:10 -0800
No offense Dave, but CAFE is also part of what is making the air I breathe
less brown (LA) and actually prolonging the life expectancy of the
combustion engine.  Better fuel economy means we're all using less gas,
which means the oil sheiks are drilling less oil, which means that oil
(which is a limited resource) will last longer.  I remember back in the 80's
they were saying the world oil supply would run out sometime between 2020
and 2050, now they're saying 2100's.  I'll still be around in 2050 (God
willing), but not 2100.  Let my kids or grandkids (if I ever have any) worry
about how to soup up that "Magnetic Drive System" or whatever they'll be
using by then.

Andy Willard
Tustin, CA

89 S-10 driver