RE: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Weight, and Width of Art Deco, Towing the truck
From: "Willard, Andrew" <andrew.willard@experian.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:23:25 -0800
Tim,

I did this for my 53 panel and had no trouble at all.  Their autotransporter
is a solid unit.  The only thing is, that they have a little scam going with
the wiring harness.  It only accepts a uhaul connector so you have to buy
one of their adapters to connect your wiring to the trailer.

I also recommend you call the uhaul in Hastings, they may give you a better
price on a one way rental of the trailer and you wouldn't have to tow an
empty trailer all that way.  Don't use the 800 number either.  Reserve
through the uhaul dealer and don't be afraid to negotiate.  I happened to
hit one that had 12 trailers sitting on their lot and the guy was desperate
to get rid of them and gave me one for half the normal rate.

Andy Willard
Tustin, CA

89 S-10 driver
53 panel project