Re: [oletrucks] chevy 350 w/ 700R4?

To: stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] chevy 350 w/ 700R4?
From: TORODRVR@aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:54:56 EST
In a message dated 03/14/2001 2:13:10 PM Mountain Standard Time,
stephanie@annexe.cwnet.com writes:

<< I'm looking at maybe using the 700R4 transmission with a chevy 350 in my
AD.
 Has anyone done this? >>

That's exactly what I have in my 48. Although I don't drive roughly, I can
report exactly zero problems. I rebuilt the 84 (considered undesireable by
magazine writers) 700R4 and made all the modifications suggested by the
instructions of the shift improvement kit. With 3.73 gears and 255/70R15
tires, it revs about 2000 rpm at 65 mph. If you have any questions, I'll be
happy to tell you what I know about this swap.