[oletrucks] Interchangeability of door guts between 47-50 door and '53 G

To: "Truck List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Interchangeability of door guts between 47-50 door and '53 GMC
From: "Justin C. Earl" <porkchopzz4@netzero.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2001 13:35:44 -0500
Hi All!

A member of the list has offered his door guts (vent window style) from his
'53 GMC parts truck in exchange for mine from a '47 to '50 door (I don't
know if it's Chevy or GMC.. does it make any difference?).  This single
window style door was put on my '51 as a replacement some time in the past.

Before we waste money on shipping, does anyone know if these parts
interchangeable?

It could save me a lot of hassle to make my '51 have the correct vent window
since I don't even think I could lug home a whole door in the Volkswagen.
;-)

-Justin Earl
'51 Chevy 1 Ton
'79 Corvette (ZZ4 conversion)