Re: [oletrucks] What's my rear-end ?

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] What's my rear-end ?
From: J Forbes <jforbes@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 10:28:06 -0700
Stu--

Sounds like a Chrysler rearend.  They used bolts
instead of nuts to hold the wheels on.  They had a
drop out center section, and a round (not oblong or
oval, but ROUND) rear cover that's welded to the
housing.  Usually if they used bolts to hold the
wheels on, then they also had a separate axle shaft
and wheel flange...so you would see a big nut on the
end of each axle.

Then again, it may be from some type of British
lorry   :)

Jim F
59s in AZ