[oletrucks] Primering Question

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Primering Question
From: "Deve Krehbiel" <dkrehbiel@kscable.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 19:08:14 -0600
I am in the midst of the finish work on my 50 Deluxe cab interior. I have
the holes and damage to the dash all repaired and repaired the numerous
holes in the cab that didnt belong. I have sanded the interior down to the
bare metal so this initially would indicate using etchant primer. Problem
is, there is rust under the paint in quite a few areas. Sanding doesnt
remove it, its very deep and even a grinder would only succeed in gouging
the metal and causing even worse damage. So, there is this primer by
Permatex called Extender. Its a product that turns rust into primer.

Here is the dilemna.... I have bare metal mixed with an occasional rusty
patch that has been sanded as smooth as possible. Do I primer it with the
etchant primer OR the Extender? Which one? Any gurus out there, please let
me know what you would do.

Thanks again!

Deve Krehbiel
Hesston, Kansas
1950 3100 * 1949 3600 * 1948 4400 * 50 3100
www.speedprint.com/Deves50/index.html