RE: [oletrucks] backfire

To: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] backfire
From: "haist" <haist2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 16:34:42 -0800
My guess is for what it will cost to have someone time your engine (or less)
you could buy a timing light, follow the manual and do it yourself.  It's
not rocket science.

Remember the timing light will be only half as bright with 6 volts as with
12.  You can drag a 12v battery over close for power or do the job at dusk
or in a dimly lit garage and you can see well enough.  If the flywheel is
dirty, rusty, etc. It may be worth your while to drop the flywheel pan and
clean up the front face of the wheel and put a little white paint or chalk
at the beebe.

Have fun with the Art Deco!

<><
Whitney Haist