[oletrucks] backfire

To: "Oletrucks \(E-mail\)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] backfire
From: "Jim House" <jhouse@ccsolution.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 12:21:11 -0500
I have had my 216 head gasket replaced 4 months ago along with a new head
and a valve job.  I was told to get a tune-up after the job - I have not
done that.  Since that time I am experiencing backfiring under the hood.
Never out of the tailpipe.  I have replaced all of the plugs, plug wires,
rotor and cap.  Also have a new fuel pump and fan belt.  Still getting the
backfire.  It happens most often after I start the cold truck and once in a
great while when I am driving.  Also, when I step on the gas it will pause
for a second or so then it seems to kick in.  I have tested going with a
high test 94 octane with no change.

Do I need a tune-up?  What is involved?  I have VERY limited knowledge of
what I am doing.  If I took it somewhere what would I expect to pay for and
what should I ask to be completed?

Thanks,
Jim House
Hollis, NH