Re: [oletrucks] Project Update: more starter pictures

To: "mike" <m1a20@iname.com>, "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Project Update: more starter pictures
From: "Gary L. Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:02:49 -0500
Mike, floor painting is usually short-term fix. You need to clear floor,
sweep, and wash down with hose and good stiff floor brush, AND Tide clothes
soap. Tide only! It does well on grease spots. Take the broom and circularly
scrub the spots that are dirty/greasy. Takes long time to rinse all soap out
afterwards with hose. Let dry 2 days or so, (worst part) and buy from a True
Value Hardware their Polyurethane floor enamel. Ace may have this now I
think. Polyurethane is the important part, NOT regualar floor enamel. Thin
it alot with reccommended thinner and put on first coat thin. It won't color
much, but sure will soak in and seal. This is important part. Next use paint
full strength and you will get color you want. May need another coat. Forgot
to say to let dry good part of or all day between coats. Worst part for
awhile is the smell, goes away later. Most paints don't hold up to where you
turn the wheels when setting still. Oil wipes up nice! Don't use ANY latex
floor paints. Most are that nowadays. I've had real good luck with the
polyurethane for lots of things, even wood and metal, really holds-up!