Re: [oletrucks] Overcharge

To: Pastorjon994@cs.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Overcharge
From: Rick Warren <bluu55@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:51:58 -0800 (PST)
 Jon,

      I used to have a '54 3100 and it would do the same thing. A friend told
me to drive with my lights on all the time and see what happens. Well, it did
work. As long as I had the lights on all the time the system would'nt over
charge. It was a quick fix however, eventually I had to put on a new regulator.
I have'nt had that problem with my '55 1st yet. Try it and see, you have'nt got
anything to lose. But, it is not hard to replace the regulator either. Can't
help you on the bumper bracket issue, I have'nt looked at mine in a long time.
I'll have to take a gander soon.

Rick (Griz) Warren

'55 1st 3100

http://www.expage.com/oldbluu

  Pastorjon994@cs.com wrote:
Hey gang,

My system is overcharging. The needle rides clear over on charge most of the
time. I don't want to boil the battery out. Any ideas short of replacing
the regulator. 6v system with generator.

Also I noticed the bumper brackets for the front bumper. They appear to be
composed of three pieces of contoured metal to attach the bumper to the
frame. On each side one of the pieces of metal have been cut off. Any idea
what the eliminated 3rd piece would have been used for?

Jon Callahan
'50 3100
Champaign/Urbana, IL