Re: [oletrucks] bed wood

Subject: Re: [oletrucks] bed wood
From: "kirk pierce" <kpierce@charter.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 20:00:08 -0500
Eric,

Thanks for the information.  I am pleased with the web site and will take
your advice and skip the pamphlet.

I am kicking around the idea of using bloodwood which I saw at a local wood
store because it is already the color that I had planned to stain my bedwood
and it has a uniform grain.  I also saw a closeout special on Mahogony which
is close to the right color online at one of the wood stores.  Anyone tried
either of these for bedwood?  It appears that bloodwood is somewhat oily
which causes me to wonder how well it would hold a varnish or polyurethane.

One question about the measurements from the web site.  Did you find the
boards from Chevy Duty to be cut close to these measurements?