[oletrucks] drilling through finished paint

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] drilling through finished paint
From: "Sam Barrette" <Sam.Barrette@mail.oasd.k12.wi.us>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 07:52:08 -0500
The PO of my 1950 3100 has filled the four "Chevrolet" emblem holes in
the front of the hood and finished/painted over them.  I've purchased a
new emblem and need to re-drill the holes out.  This means drilling from
inside the hood out through the finished paint.   Is there any danger or
chance of chipping or cracking the paint as I drill through it?
Any suggestions to safe guard against this?

Thanks, Sam