Re: [oletrucks] rearends for 454, trannys, gear ratios

To: "Old Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] rearends for 454, trannys, gear ratios
From: "Robert Welch" <rwelch@ionet.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 08:46:31 -0500
One way to solve the axle bearing problem is to install a c-clip eliminator
kit.  The odds of losing a rear axle are small (given that there are
millions of these rearends on the road - how many have you seen come out?)
but it does happen occasionally.  To me, the thought of having to fix the
fender/bed or whatever gets ruined on my Cameo by losing the axle is reason
enough to spend the $100 for c-clip eliminators, plus solving the bearing
problem.  For those of you that may have converted your rear brakes to discs
using GM hardware, the c-clip kit from Moser works fine - all of the other
vendors say theirs won't work with discs and a 10-bolt.

Bob Welch
Bartlesville, OK
'56 Cameo
'55 Belair