[oletrucks] Chrysler/Gibbons front end in '58

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Chrysler/Gibbons front end in '58
From: "Randall J. Krebs" <lawgod@offshore-tax.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 13:58:47 -0400
Greetings all,

This is my first message.  My problem relates to motor mounts for a small
block 350 into a '58 Chev.  I acquired one of the universal tube motor
mounts.  The problem is that I have installed one of the Gibbons front-end
cross members to enable installation of a Chrysler torsion bar front end,
and I do not believe that I can move the engine back far enough so that the
mount can be installed to clear the steering box.

The manufacture says, "Yeah, I guess that could be a problem.  We just use
the motor mount that we make and weld it on to the crossmember.  We will
sell you one for approx $200."

Anyone have any suggestions.

Randall J. Krebs
58 Chev
32 5 window
69 Spitfire

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
Randall J. Krebs.vcf]