RE: [oletrucks] Steering Mechanism

To: "'Bobby D Keeland'" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Steering Mechanism
From: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2001 12:58:53 -0500
It is called the "rag joint".  The body shop where I was having my work done
tore mine up twice
trying to move the truck around so when I got it back I bought a U-joint
that has the correct spline on the gear box end and had a smooth bore on the
other end that I welded to the shaft.  Never had a problem since.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas