Re: [oletrucks] Generator pulley.

To: Pastorjon994@cs.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Generator pulley.
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 17:02:48 -0700
I wouldn't even think about messing with it. There are a lot of trucks
around, our 49 included, with damage from a flying fan blade. They can and
will go right thru the hood,  or in our case the left side splash apron.
Now if someone happens to be standing there, wapping the throttle at the
carb, hope it's their lucky day!
Replace it.

>Also, one of the fan blades is cracked near the base.  Looks like it could be
>welded or brazed.  Anyone ever done this before, any comments would be
>appreciated.  The crack runs across the blade about 1/4" in from shaft hole
>at the bottom of the raised strengthening form in between two of the bolt
>holes.  Clear as mud?

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net