[oletrucks] Resistor needed?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Resistor needed?
From: vwbus@ckoon.org (craig k)
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:01:46 -0500
While working on the truck this weekend, the neighbor came over and said
the ceramic, exterior resistor was a waste of time, and all I needed to do
was put a resistor coil on the truck.
We tried it, and the truck seems to run fine, but I was wondering if this
is a long-term no-no... I seem to recall reading that this would fry
points, but can't remember if it only applied to resistor-less coils.

Put in a Bosch coil - that and the VW heater fan motor in there are gonna
have our truck singin' Deutschland Uber Alles!

craig
caretaker of
stephanie's 50 3104 216 5-window deluxe