[oletrucks] front tire wear

To: oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] front tire wear
From: 237459N@knotes.kodak.com
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 12:45:52 -0400
From: W P. Fricke

I have a pair of 225/70/15 radials on the front of my '53 1/2 ton (and
255/70's on the rear). The suspension is set a little lower on an otherwise
stock/restored vehicle. The front tires are wearing noticably faster on the
outside. I know there is a way to adjust this ??camber?? by turning one of
the rods, but in which direction. I have to consult the manual again but as
I remember it didn't indicate how to bring the top of the wheels inward.
I've never adjusted this and am not even sure if the rods want to adjust,
having settled in their current position years ago. Advise, pictures,
offers to fly out and perform the work just for the experience would all be
appreciated :).

Patrick
'53 3100 5-window deeelux