Re: [oletrucks] Respirators

To: "TruckList" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Respirators
From: "Stephen" <slb1@humboldt1.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 23:30:17 -0700
Hi Whitney,

I have the HobbyAir and like it very much.  I highly recommend the full face
mask for two reasons.  First, toxins in the paint can enter your body
through eyes and ears.  Second, fogging is reduced inside the face mask and
it feels great to have that fresh air flowing over your whole face.  I can
also wear my eye glasses inside the sandblasting hood.

I got the larger pump so that I could also run the full face sand blasting
hood they also make.  You can get a price break if your order the paint and
sandblasting hoods with the pump.  You also need pull-off covers to protect
the plastic of the helmets.  I paid for one set and he gave me the second
for free.  The spray and sandblasting hoods take different covers.

You are dragging another hose around but I have gotten use to it.  I guy I
know was selling one of the pro half-face setups.  It put out much less air
than the Hobbyair and again the eyes were unprotected.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Stephen
'50 Chevy Suburban
'58 Chevy Fleetside
Arcata, California