[oletrucks] Monojet Electric Choke

To: "Z Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Monojet Electric Choke
From: "Squatch56" <Squatch56@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 08:45:58 -0700
I have a Mono jet 1 barrel carb on a 250 6 Banger.  I am having trouble with
the electric choke on it.  It will either choke too much, or not enough, there
is no middle ground.  The guy I bought it from said that the electric choke
was bad, but I figured I could make it work, I guess I was wrong.
Can the choke piece be bought?? (black housing with coiled spring inside)  Or
is this even the problem?? Do I need a new carb??  When it runs good it runs
great, but then after it warms up, it either chokes too much and dies , or not
enough and dies.  I am not used to this new of carb (78) or a 6 banger.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Thanks
Rob Butler
Milwaukie, OR
56 Cameo
56 Chevy Panel
77 GMC Jimmy 4x4
78 Chevy Shortwide
48 GM Trailabout <project>

 SASQUATCH  ARTWORKS
      Custom Automotive Cartoons
Specializing in Classic Chevy & GMC Trucks
  http://www.connieosborne.com/sasquatch/