Re: [oletrucks] 235 bellhousing to 283

To: "Bobby D Keeland" <bob_keeland@usgs.gov>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 235 bellhousing to 283
From: "Gary L Perry" <glperry@fwi.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:30:37 -0500
NO, it will NOT. Not even close! As long as your changing engine, get later
b'house and trans too and make two side mounts and a trans tail
mount/crossmember. Can be bought from most venders. Otherwise, if you can
find a b'house from a 55-59 truck with the mounts on it and the front mounts
for same year's V-8 you can then use the original type trans only from a
235, provided it was from a truck and not a car. Truck ones bolt up same as
later models. Problem is it will require a torque-tube rear probably, and
most guys put in an open rear when using V-8. If it's out of a  55 or later
vehicle won't be torque-tube. My opinion.....Keep the six!

G. L. Perry
Huntington, IN 46750
50 Chevy COE (project)
55 GMC COE (project)