RE: [oletrucks] Original Parts Book

To: "'Scott and Stacey Redish'" <ScottnStaceyTX@msn.com>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Original Parts Book
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:58:56 -0500
I have the parts manual that covers my 57 GMC.  One thing
I find it very useful for is to verify parts offered at a
certain on-line auction site.  GMC specific parts are a
lot harder to come by than Chevy parts are.  Most sellers
of NOS parts give the GM part number and sometimes the
group number from the packaging.  The Master Parts Book
helps in verifying that the part belongs on my truck.
Believe it or not, there are a few of the parts that are
still available from GMC.  I always call them first my
local GMC dealer first with a part number just in case.

And it makes great reading on those nights when you just
can't get to sleep.