[oletrucks] RE:speedometer

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] RE:speedometer
From: "Jim Nordwall" <jnord@fgi.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 23:39:17 -0500
In answer to Carlos' last question first.  I put the needle back on the
assembly so it rests at 0, very easy to tell.  I am sure the speedometer
scale is not right.  It is going to take some playing around with different
gears before I get close.  My brother in-law used to repair and calibrate
speedometers.  I also used Corel Photo-Paint to scan the speedometer
faceplate and will more than likely move the scale around to make it
accurate before all is done.  I also scanned the instrument cluster and
modified the oil pressure to go to 60 PSI. Printing instrument faces is easy
to do with a color ink jet ( or color laser if you got one). Right now I'm
just happy to have a speedometer again, even if is 30 when I'm really going
40.

Jim Nordwall
Jacksonville, IL
50 3100