Re: [oletrucks] paint code, and opinions

To: pkupman57@hotmail.com, KMartin100@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] paint code, and opinions
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2001 10:14:54 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/01 9:11:42 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
pkupman57@hotmail.com writes:

<< hi all,
 im 19 years old and look 12, and my rod-i-fied truck in a primer coat is
 drawing way too much attention from the corrupt cops in the area (im still
 in the court system now, dealing with police lies and false police reports
 becuase i really dont do anything, i just fit a profile),... so, in an
 attempt to shed some of this hassle, and still have a sweet looking truck
 ive changed my ideas about how im going to build it. id just like to hear
 what you all think of them.
      1; im going to paint the truck the original color, paint code 234N,
 ocean green (sea foam color to thos not familar with this color) with oak
 and stainless bed floor, and all original emblems, re-chromed of course. i
 am also painted the grill, bumper, and headlight bezels bombay ivory.
      2; im going to use the old style steel 'vette ralley wheels painted
 body color with chrome police style hub caps and beauty rings.
      3; i will be tinting the windows and lowering it with mono-leafs in
 front and removing 2 leaves in back. im also going to add power steering to
 the I-beam front suspension, as i already have power disc brakes
     4; i also plan to use GM Perf. Ram-Jet fuel injection when the money
 gets saved up enough, for that "vintage" look under the hood. im going to
 modify the way i hook up the air cleaner to use a repo. fuelie belair side
 mount filter. (dont as me how, i dont know, but im going to do it, even at
 my age, im getting good at fabrication)
     5; im going to use the original colume, and steering wheel (if i can
 find an original '57 wheel that its good or restorable shape that i can
 afford), but the interior will be done in dark gray and black, original
 radio is in tact, so its staying in there, and i will add A/C.

 well, thats my truck plans, in a nut shell, what do you think?

 also, does anyone have a '57 steering wheel they dont want? im broke and
 between   jobs, but if i can afford it, and to fix it if it needs fixing,
 ill let you know.

 my last question, anyone know a dupont paint# for 1957 234N paint? i really
 want my truck to be its original color, and i already have dupont primer, so
 i want their paint too.
 thanks

 Brian M
 Atwater, CA
 '57 Chevy 3200
 '00 Dodge Ne >>

  Well Brian,

  I'll tell ya...

  Growing up not too far from where you're at now, it won't make a difference
if you chop, channel and slam the truck to the pavement, or keep it high and
mighty, looking like it rolled off the showroom floor....either way, it'll
make someone turn thier head for a second look.

  With that said, I'd stick with building the truck the way you want to, as
long as you drive it responsibly, you'll be okay.

  If it's 3am and you're cruising home, you'll get pulled over wheter you're
driving a rodded truck, or one with oroginal appearance.

  But more specfic to your question, I think the paint scheme and other ideas
you have are fine, and should suit the truck well.

  Only thing about using the original wheel and column, is they get a bit
uncomfortable, a tilt out of a later model pickup is a nice upgrade, and
should make it easier to adapt to a power steering unit (unless you'll use a
power assist ala early Mustang type).

 Mike