Re: [oletrucks] Brake and Trans linkage problem

To: <ChevTruk53@aol.com>, "Ole Trucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake and Trans linkage problem
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 20:43:52 -0700
Sounds like your a candidate for I one of those cable operated shifter
linkages that some Ford vehicles used.  I can't remember the exact vehicles
but a guy I'm building a truck for now was going to use that type of linkage
but I talked him into the Linkage from Kugel Components which is a threaded
Stainless Steel shaft with an adjustable "angle bracket" that bolts to the
shifter selector shaft.

I can't find out what vehicle used the cable linkage right now as the guy's
in Hawaii for 3 weeks.  Maybe someone else on the list would know what Ford
product has a cable operated shifter linkage you can adapt for your
situation?

Joe