[oletrucks] Electricity useage

To: "Oletrucks list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Electricity useage
From: "Mark A. Self" <mark.self@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 07:35:23 -0700
Sorry for this slightly off topic subject, but does effect us all.

My compressor pulls 15 amps and is a 220 volt.  Acvording to the formula I
found on the net:
                                       Amps x Volts
                      Kilowatts = -----------------
                                            1,000

                      Kilowatts = -----------------
                                            1,000

                                            3,300
                                            1,000

                      Kilowatts = 3.3

Now if the compressor ran continuosly for 60 min., wouldn't that mean that I
had just consumed 3.3 Kilowatt hours?

Reason I ask is, this month the power company claims that we used 3.5 times
as much electricity as the prior month.  I haven't used the compressor that
much, but I figured "GREAT, now i can't use the compressor anymore".  Then I
figured the math and I'm beginning to smell something a little bit fishy.