Re: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors

To: "Bill Broadway" <bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors
From: Wayne Osborne <wayne@chevytrucks.org>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2001 11:38:10 -0400
Its much easier to remove the door from the hinges first, then removed the
hinges from the cab. Sometimes the hinges are a pain to get off the cab,
cuz more often than not they break loose from behind, the nuts are held
stationary and if they get rusty and when turning the bolt it breaks the
nut loose and they just sping. Then the fun begins--you have to get behind
the hinge and secure the nut. I think i was able to get to it using a long
rachet, if I remember right...  Good luck..wayne

At 08:59 AM 5/9/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone have any tips? Is it better to remove the door off the hinge first,
>leaving the hinge to the cab or take the door and hinge off at the cab at
>the same time? Can one person do it, maybe by putting a jack under the door
>to hold the weight?
>
>The shops got my roof off, and they want the doors to fit the roof with.
>Doors are currently on another cab, and I've never yet taken a set off ..
>Don't want to kill myself by having a door fall on me ;)
>
>Bill

Wayne Osborne
1956 Chevy Pickup
LaGrange Ga.