RE: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Removing TF Doors
From: "BORDER,RYAN (HP-FtCollins,ex1)" <ryan_border@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 09:25:48 -0700
Catching up on an old thread...

What I do (and it works well) is use a big trolley jack.  Pad it with a
towel, and support the weight of the door from underneath.  Undo the bolts
which attach the hinge to the door, and then using the wheels on the trolley
jack roll the door out from the hinges.  Can be done solo, but it's nice to
have a helper steady the door as it's pulled back.   Seems a lot easier than
the cinder-block/brick methods I've seen described.

Ryan.