Re: [oletrucks] Project Update

To: oldchevypickup@hotmail.com, bcubed@vanhalen-irc.com,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Project Update
From: "Brian _" <pkupman57@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 13:45:50 -0700
hoods can be fun. i took mine off the truck for my auto body class too.
fixed the two, very small dents i could find and sprayed some primer. its
dupont (the way too expensive stuff, its shiney when its cured) and found
some bad body work someone else did in a small dent in them middle. i have
about 15 hours of work in that thing, but on the up side, its nice, shiney
ocean green (an original color, and the original color for my '57)
it turned out nicely. im 19, it was the first time i had ever painted
anything besides models with a rattle can, and i got no runs, not even any
orange peal in the clear, and only two specks of dust in the clear, nothing
in the base.

to answer a question that was asked of me a while back in the "forgive me
GM....." thread, i painted my hood in the college paint booth with an
accuspray preasure pot style gun.

Brian M
Atwater, CA
'57 Chevy 3200