[oletrucks] 60s chev rearend -a I wonder

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 60s chev rearend -a I wonder
From: ME1STKING@aol.com
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 00:00:10 EDT
[In the prosses of removeng the axels] There is that solid cylinder pin that
holds the nessasary tension on the U clips and the axeles.  The smaller
bolt/pin that anchors the solid cylinder in place broke off at the end of the
threads[about half way]. It must have been well on the way before I got to
it,because it came the first half with very little resistance.and then broke
while working it out with fingers.
QUESTION STARTS HERE;
Does this break indicate a vibration or tention/pintch or any other
concievable problem I should worry about? Perhaps the last guy just over did
it. Thanks.