[oletrucks] 55 TF seat and hood

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 55 TF seat and hood
From: "Tom" <tomntam@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 18:32:29 -0400
I found a 55 original seat, or so I was told, that is in real good
condition, except it is in two pieces. The back is disconnected from the
seat cushion. It needs a good cleaning and one of the studs is missing that
the back hooks to. Is this stud replaceable? It looks like it is threaded in
and someone removed it for one reason or another.  Can it be fixed pretty
easy and inexpensive? Could someone tell me how the back does connect to the
seat cushion? Does the bracket hook over the stud with a nut on the outside?
He is asking $75.00 for the seat, that's both parts :). I know it depends on
how much a person wants something, but does that sound like a fair price?
He also has a hood that is lots better shape than mine. There is minimal
surface rust (just spots) and no rusted through places. He is also asking
$75.00 for that as well. Again I ask, is that a fair price?
Going to go do some measuring,
        Thanks for the help,
                Tom Cooper

1997 -2000 Racing Seasons