RE: [oletrucks] 55 TF seat and hood

To: "Oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>, "Tom"
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] 55 TF seat and hood
From: "Mike " <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:55:7 -0700
----- Original Message -----

From: Tom

To: Oletrucks

Sent: 6/7/01 3:32:29 PM

Subject: [oletrucks] 55 TF seat and
hood

I found a 55 original seat, or so I was told, that is in real good

condition, except it is in two pieces. The back is disconnected from
the

seat cushion. It needs a good cleaning and one of the studs is missing
that

the back hooks to. Is this stud replaceable? It looks like it is threaded
in

and someone removed it for one reason or another.  Can it be
fixed pretty

easy and inexpensive? Could someone tell me how the back does connect to
the

seat cushion? Does the bracket hook over the stud with a nut on the
outside?

He is asking $75.00 for the seat, that's both parts :). I know it depends
on

how much a person wants something, but does that sound like a fair
price?

He also has a hood that is lots better shape than mine. There is
minimal

surface rust (just spots) and no rusted through places. He is also
asking

$75.00 for that as well. Again I ask, is that a fair price?

Going to go do some measuring,

Thanks for the help,

Tom Cooper

  Tom,

  I'd say you're okay on the hood purchase, I've never bought a seat
or priced them before either, but it seems like that's not too far off
either.  Check the hood for bondo repair (see if anything is obvious from
the inside).

1997 -2000 Racing Seasons

http://home.earthlink.net/~tomntam/index.html

Don't crush em, restore em!!