[oletrucks] 283 with T350

To: "'Trucks list'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] 283 with T350
From: "Richard Kinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 12:37:20 -0400
Hey All,

I have found an original 283 to put back in my 59 Fleetside, the problem is
that this has an original 3 speed attached and not the hydromatic :( so..
until I find an original tranny, I would like to know what would be required
to use a late model T350 tranny. Will the bell housing mate right up or did
things get changed in later V8's? Oh yeah this is a 58-62 283. I'm sure Jim
Forbes, "The Truck Wizard" knows this.... Hint Hint.

Thanks for any help.

Rich Kinas
59 Fleetside
Orlando, FL