Re: [oletrucks] 283 with T350

To: "Richard Kinas" <rkinas@ctinet.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 283 with T350
From: Bob Fischer <bfischer@utm.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:13:07 -0700
>Hi Rich,

It will bolt right up, I have that combo in our 49. There are also short
and long tailshaft TH350's and if you don't already have the tranny figure
out which will be easiest to mount (rear crossmember) before you purchase.

>I have found an original 283 to put back in my 59 Fleetside, the problem is
>that this has an original 3 speed attached and not the hydromatic :( so..
>until I find an original tranny, I would like to know what would be required
>to use a late model T350 tranny. Will the bell housing mate right up or did
>things get changed in later V8's? Oh yeah this is a 58-62 283. I'm sure Jim
>Forbes, "The Truck Wizard" knows this.... Hint Hint.

"Nothin lasts forever except old Fords and a natural stone" - Willie Nelson

http://home.utm.net/bfischer      e-mail -->bfischer@utm.net