[oletrucks] Where can I find shims for a distributor?

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Where can I find shims for a distributor?
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 12:52:36 -0500
I am installing an HEI distributor in my 57 GMC this weekend.
Specs for the HEI call for about 0.010" end play in the shaft.
The one I have has considerably more than that, otherwise it
appears to be in real good condition.  Looks like all I need
to do is measure the endplay, knock the roll pin from the gear,
remove the gear, add shims = 0.010 less than the measured play,
replace the gear, reinstall the roll pin and check for proper
clearance.  My problem is I don't know where to find proper
shims.  Any ideas??