RE: [oletrucks] Where can I find shims for a distributor?

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Where can I find shims for a distributor?
From: "Mike " <passnb4u@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 19:43:12 -0700
----- Original Message -----

From: Hanlon,
Bill

To: oletrucks

Sent: 6/28/01 10:52:36 AM

Subject: [oletrucks] Where can I find shims
for a distributor?

I am installing an HEI distributor in my 57 GMC this weekend.

Specs for the HEI call for about 0.010" end play in the shaft.

The one I have has considerably more than that, otherwise it

appears to be in real good condition.  Looks like all I need

to do is measure the endplay, knock the roll pin from the gear,

remove the gear, add shims = 0.010 less than the measured play,

replace the gear, reinstall the roll pin and check for proper

clearance.  My problem is I don't know where to find proper

shims.  Any ideas??

   I don't think that will work, will it?  The
gear doesn't set up against anything, what will you be shimming
against?

--- Mike

--- passnb4u@earthlink.net