Re: [oletrucks] electrical dilemma

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] electrical dilemma
From: Bruce Kettunen <bekett@uslink.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:18:58 -0500
Sounds pretty simple.  Sounds like you have a bad connection on one
of the battery cables.  Could be either cable either end, but I would
guess the positive cable at the starter end.  Could also be a bad
cable.  Look for it being pinched somewhere along the way.

Was the battery itself dead?  Then look for a short in the positive
cable.

Depending on where you tap off for ignition power (I bet it is at
the starter terminal) that could be why the truck won't fire, too.

Some things to try.

Try jumping to the positive terminal at the battery and the engine
for the ground.  If nothing happens, then suspect the positive cable
somewhere.

Try jumping to the positive terminal at the starter and the negative
terminal at the battery.  If nothing happens, then it is the negative
cable somewhere.

Hope this helps,

Bruce Kettunen
57 3200