Re: [oletrucks] Brake conversion

To: <MKlepp4335@cs.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake conversion
From: "joe" <chevy1@jps.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 18:40:43 -0700
Mike -

Sorry to hear about the poor quality parts!

I normally have my front tires balanced by having the tires spun on the axle
so any other loose suspension part or out of balance part can be balanced
out with the weights.

I used to do this myself at the shop when we had a Hunter Spin Balancer.
It's a  machine you wheel under the tire after the front of the truck has
been raised and supported on jack stands at the radiator support so the
suspension hangs off the ground "free".  This method requires the operator
to install a special cage on the rims so a special balancing fixture can be
attached to the cage.  This fixture has three balancing knobs that allows
the operator to move internal weights around to balance the tire.  When the
tire comes to rest, the fixture point to the location where the weights need
to be installed and the required amounts.

I liked this machine because like I said.." it would take into account the
wear in my king pins and other suspension parts to balance all the parts as
an assembly.  I could place a glass of water on the fender and once
balanced, the water would barely move in the glass.

Check if out,  it might be just what you need!

Joe