RE: [oletrucks] A-Arm bushing removal

Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A-Arm bushing removal
From: "Armijo, Manuel L" <manuel.l.armijo@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 06:34:39 -0700
ugh! I rebuilt the '76 gmc front end that not sits under my '50.  The
bushings were exposed to the elements, and came out with the aid of a
sawzall, and an air chisel!  (after trying about a bazillion ways,
ie-->chains and floor jack, heat, pounding in a vise, get the picture?  It
was a, well you know.... What I finally did, was cut the collar, or "top hat
off as i had already destroyed it, through the rubber but don't go so deep
as you damage the shaft, peeled the metal off with the air chisel, then used
an air chisel and a flat piece of 1/4" steel against the  bushing to loosen
it.  I split the bushing with the air chisel where i could get in in there
to fit, then pushed again from the backside with the air chisel and flat
metal plate it was a SOB! Each bushing came out in about four or five
pieces!  pardon my french.  I'm not sure if there is an easier way, but this
is how i did it with my limited tool inventory.  I hope yours goes easier!

Manuel.