[oletrucks] Engine+Trans removal

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine+Trans removal
From: Ronald Smiley <smilin_ron@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 13:33:27 -0700 (PDT)
List:  I am in the process of removing the engine and
trans from my 53 3100.  The manual and the archives
all say the bell collar will slide back on the drive
shaft after the bolts are removed.  I can't see how
that is possible.  The bracket, that bolts to the
cross member and holds the collar to the trans, has a
lower section which sets in front of the cross member.
 I can't see how it will slide to the rear without
dropping the cross member.  I have tried to rotate the
bracket and angle it to allow the collar to go past.
No luck.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Ron
53 3100
Aurora Co
http://phonecard.yahoo.com/