RE: [oletrucks] Task Force rewire

To: "Terry Stellman" <STELLMAN@noex.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] Task Force rewire
From: "AKBurke" <ajkburke@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:55:12 -0600
Terry,

Awsome...great article...understandable even by electrical morons like
me.

I put a Chevy-Duty harness in my Panel...and just burned incense and
chanted mantras...and sure enough most everything works...however the
headlights are a joke (the car following me casts my truck as a shadow
before me).  I was thinking of switching to carbide lanterns ;-)

The article brings up a couple of questions though....

1) Will this upgrade (relays/heavier wires) work for a
6-volt/generator system? ...and is it worth it or is six volts always
going to be dim?  (the article seems to assume a 12-volt/alternator
vehicle)...I guessing it will.

and...

2) Do these oletrucks have a 'fusible main link' as strongly
recommended in the article? (and if not, has anyone put one in?).

-A