RE: [oletrucks] lowering front end

To: "Mattessich, Michae x35383g3" <x35383@exmail.usma.army.mil>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] lowering front end
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:20:47 -0500
My 57 GMC 1/2 ton GMC had 8 leaf springs in the front.  6 leaf was
standard, and
there were optional 7 and 8 leaf springs.  Counting from the longest
spring, I
removed spring # 3 and 6.  It lowered the front bumper by 1.5 inches.  I
checked
the available motion of the shocks I had and found that they would not
bottom
out before the axle hit the rubber stops on the frame.