RE: [oletrucks] lowering front end

To: "Wayne Osborne" <wayne@chevytrucks.org>,
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] lowering front end
From: "Hanlon, Bill" <Bill.Hanlon@COMPAQ.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 13:30:56 -0500
Two more things to add:
        1.  If they are not reasonably new, this is a good time to
                consider replacing the pins on each end of springs that
                mount it to the frame.  Kits to do so are available
                from most of the OleTruck parts places.
        2.  On my truck the U-bolts that hold the axle to the springs
                were very corroded.  My FLAPS had replacements for
around
                $7 each.  They are available in several lengths.  If
                you use the stock length you will end up with an extra
                1/4" of U-bolt sticking down below your axle for each
                leaf you remove.