Re: [oletrucks] compressed air hell

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] compressed air hell
From: "Pete" <p.hagan2@home.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 22:37:43 -0500
OK I've watched this thread long enough.

DO NOT USE PVC.

I say this because my best employee and very good friend lost his eyesight
in one eye after over pressurizing a pvc line. Simple mistake that someone
made and we didn't catch it before it happened. Sure you will see it rated
at 125 psi and yes I have put 200 psi on a stretch once, but the bottom line
is that this is not what it is made for and the manufactures will not stand
behind it and insurance companies won't protect you from product liabilities
outside of the intended useage. It is a serious matter not worth loosing
your eyesight over a few dollars. I'm not rich, in fact my employees made
more than me this year but the point is to spend the extra money for at
least black pipe which is rated at a minimum of 400 psi. I have 1" black
pipe in our small fabrication shop with the proper drip traps / oilers /
water traps etc. It cost me about 1200.00 for a two stage compressor, pipe
and all drip traps / oilers / water traps and connections for four locations
in a 3000 sqft shop.

It cost my best friend his 1/2 his eyesight to save 300 dollars.

Pete