Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting valves

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Adjusting valves
From: Tinker <tinker@wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 21:55:34 +0100
The V8 crank is the same shape as four cylinder. In the four cylinder engine
the first and last pistons are up when the middle ones are down. It doesn9t
matter whether the firing order is 1342 or as fords (europe) used to be1243,
the pairs are the same, only the cam and high tension leads order change. I
took the firing order and cylinder numbering out of the Haynes manual, but
it doesn9t change anything. The first cylinder on the left bank is paired
with the last cylinder on the left bank. The second cylinder on the left
bank is paired with the third cylinder on the left bank. The same is true
for the for the right bank. Each bank being like a four cylinder engine.
You've got the in line six spot on, but what about the V6? I have never seen
a five cylinder audi engine, and the my v twin Moto Guzzi bike engine
dosen't pair up!. When setting high performance engine tappets, one adjusts
one valve at a time, inlet fully open, adjust the inlet on it's opposite
cylinder, this means that the cam is at it's absolute lowest point! But
that's a wild cam shaft story!

Matthew Tinker