Re: [oletrucks] Compression Ratio and Pump Gas

To: Terry Stellman <STELLMAN@noex.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Compression Ratio and Pump Gas
From: Jim Nordwall <jimnordwall@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:57:27 -0800 (PST)
I have installed a  1973 350 with 305 heads on it.
These heads have 58cc combustion chambers, it is
running about 10:1 compression.  When the valves were
done, I took a die grinder to the heads and removed
any sharp edges in each chamber. These are a major
contributor to "pre ignition".  The engine also has a
mild cam installed. I don't get any pre-ignition on
mid grade pump gas.

Jim Nordwall
1950 3100
Jacksonville,ILL