Re: [oletrucks] Pre-drilling Oak Bed Wood

To: dave@juniorbaseball.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Pre-drilling Oak Bed Wood
From: Ribbit2@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2002 16:35:52 EST
On my 57-3100 Short bed there are 8 large bolts that hold the bed on. The
large washers with the offset square hole that these bolts go through are
supposed to be recessed or countersunk about one-eighth inch so they are
flush with the bed wood. When the nuts on the sills or crossmembers are
tightened the offset and countersinking prevents the bolts from turning ! ! I
used a router to cut my own and they look great.
Good luck.
Jim H
57-3100-SB